Monday, December 15, 2014

Lisa Jonick, Albuquerque

Hello everyone,

I am Lisa Jonick. My husband Michael and I have two boys, Alistair age 10, and Emmett age 7. We fully embraced Radical Unschooling after attending the last ALL Symposium in 2012. Before then we were not using curriculum, and didn't have a lot of arbitrary rules, but I had a lot of fears and hang ups about tv and video games, media in general. After attending the conference, and meeting other families and grown unschoolers, I completely changed my opinion.

By lifting all the arbitrary rules and limits around "screen time" our home has become so much more peaceful and relaxed, and my children's learning environment has become infinitely richer.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I live here in Albuquerque so please feel free to ask me anything you want to know about our beautiful city—things to do, places to eat etc.

Note from Sandra:
Lisa will probably attend alone, and will be my lovely assistant in traffic direction within the hotel, and to help people get to the tram and back when the time comes. I appreciate her willingness to help us all!

1 comment:

  1. I would love some input from a local!
    Can you recommend places to eat, if I have food allergies?
    I'm guessing most places will be accommodating.

    What a lovely photo!

    Thanks and see you there,
    :)
    -Mia

    ReplyDelete